12.03.2008

London Night






Took the tube (which is incredibly easy and efficient) to Liverpool Street Station. Its an extremely busy rail stop that reminds me of NYC Central etc... Hustle and bustle of business peoples, students, and tourists alike made for a slightly familiar scene in an unfamiliar place. Needless to say I dialed in my NYC gear and felt like I fit right in...sort of. Walked to the legendary Rough Trade East record store where I was somewhat tempted by all the new vinyl in stock. The prices, however, quelled the temptation quickly. Had some really good curry and veg soup at a healthier than usual cafe called Leons. It is situated in the Spitalfields (fields of spital bugs?) indoor/outdoor market which borders on Bricklane, a street famous for the best curries in the world. Jet-lag is starting to kick in, as its only 7pm and I'm ready to call it a night, but more then likely will force myself to stay awake a few more hours. Some reading, writing and chatting with other travels should take me to at least 10pm.... then, sweet slumber!!!

No comments: