12.04.2008

London Day 2 (wtf, sunny London?)











Today I walked across the Thames on the Embankment Station bridge on my way to stroll the South Bank and Tate Modern Museum. I was promptly harassed by London's very own 'boys in blue'. I guess 'Formalism' and 'Modernism' within the art of photography is not allowed in cheery ol' London. The 'Bobbies' questioned me as to why I would show such interest in photographing the rail and bridge infrastructure, being as those were NOT typical tourist photo-ops. Without giving them a free art-history lesson or trying to describe how 'arty' the sun shined thru the bridge-works, I simply showed them my pix and chatted them up a bit. They checked on my passport and wrote me a ticket of sorts. Quite cheeky on their part I thought, as Alfred Stieglitz would probably be arrested if he were alive today. Free to go on my 'merry' way I headed along the South Bank and found plenty of non-threatening photo-ops (graffiti art, a sand artist, architecture, and landscapes kept me out of trouble) before entering the wonderful Tate Modern. Most of the museum is free and offers a floor by floor history of modern and contemporary classics. Even though cameras were not allowed I managed to grab some covert shots... none of London's finest gave me the pinch this time.

2 comments:

mammy said...

great photos - and great adventure - you are now known to the LOndaon police - art is worth it!

Raquel said...

where are the pictures of dan!!??!?!?! i don't care about stupid art, dj dazzle! gimme some MAN!